Preventing skin irritations in babies with baby ointment and more
Here are some quick tips for you16,17,18:
- Keep baths short and infrequent, and make sure the water isn’t too hot.
- Avoid soap.
- Only use products specially formulated for babies.
- Pat your baby’s skin dry, never rub.
- Don’t overheat your house.
- Wrap your baby up warm in cold weather.
- Use a gentle laundry detergent.
- Keep your baby well hydrated.
- Keep your baby's fingernails trimmed so they can’t scratch any dry patches.
Skin irritations in babies are extremely common and you’ve probably done nothing wrong. But you can help minimise the risk by following three simple prevention steps: